How to cope with a cold on a baby – Still not perfect body durability system, making babies susceptible variety of illnesses including colds. There are about 200 types of viruses that can cause colds in infants. How to handle a cold in infants with right?
Colds are marked with colored clear liquid discharge from the nose can turn yellowish or greenish after one week. The possibility of a slight fever or cough accompanied. Generally, babies still want to eat or play normally.
The runny nose experienced baby actually is a way to get rid of germs in the body. However, if the liquid arising from the nose too much, can interfere with the pernapasannya. Here are some ways to relieve symptoms of colds in the baby’s parents can do at home:Things you can do at home
- Place the baby in a room without AIR CONDITIONING to reduce nasal congestion. When a baby more comfortable indoor AIR CONDITIONING, use humidifiers or take advantage of the steam/hot water. You can add essential oils like menthol.
- If colds in infants have been very disruptive, dilute lendirnya with salt water, which melted to the tip of the baby’s nostrils. Then, use the tool vacuum to clean the baby’s snot nose.
- Pat gently to help ease baby back, breathing is clogged. Position the baby with the down position on the knees or let the baby sitting on the lap with a leaning towards the front.
- To avoid irritation, you can put petroleum jelly on the outside of the nostrils.
- Clear liquid nose or hardened mucus in the nose babies. Use a cotton swab moistened with warm water.
- You can give a warm tea to babies who are over the age of 6 months. This can help relieve nasal congestion.
- Avoid using nasal spray on the baby. Consult with a physician prior to such action.
Do Not Arbitrarily Give Medication
Conditions to look out for.
- Colds accompanied by cough and fever over 39 degrees Celsius on children under age 6 or fever reached over 40 degrees Celsius in children over 6 months. The fever lasts more than two days.
- Watery eyes or appears fecal eyes.
- Cough in infants is getting worse or is accompanied by a quick breath, wheezing sound when breathing baby.
- Significant changes in eating or sleeping patterns, often sleepy or fussy.
- The baby cries when sucking while rubbing or pulling of the ears and crying when laid on the bed.
- Colds are going does not improve after 5-7 days.
That’s an article about How to cope with a cold on a baby? Hope it helps and take care of our baby’s health always
Republished by Blog Post Promoter