Problems Can Occur If The Fetus Is Too Large – Being overweight not only can happen to you while pregnant. The fetus inside the womb also can experience it, the condition of the fetus as it is often called large for gestational age (LGA) or the fetus has a size above average based on a rate of gestational age and gender the same.
To find out the size of the fetus during pregnancy, the doctor will measure the height of your womb. The measurement is done from the distance between the pubic bone to the top of the uterus. These measurements usually begin around the age of 20 weeks of pregnancy. The size of the fetus can be said to be normal when uterine height is roughly equal to the age of the pregnancy. For example, the current your pregnancy was 20 weeks, then the high uterus, which is supposed to be is about 17-23 cm. Fetal judged too large when uterine height 3 cm taller than the size should match the same gestational age.
This condition usually occurs in 5-8 fetuses of every 100 of the fetus. The exact cause is not always large fetus can be known for certain, but there are some conditions that can increase the risk experienced these kind of conditions, such as:
- Suffering from diabetes. So far, suffer from diabetes while pregnant is the most common cause of a fetus. High blood sugar levels in the body of a mother suffering from diabetes can enter the body of the fetus through the placenta. In the end, this could affect the size of the fetus.
- Genetic factors. Most of the cases the fetus is genetically triggered by large. Thus, women who have a family history with big baby or never give birth to a large baby will be riskier.
- Conceiving a boy. The fetus is male-sex is more likely to have a larger size than female fetuses.
- Gestational age longer. The age of your womb is already exceeding the predictions date of birth determined by the doctor.
However, many mothers who gave birth to a large baby don’t have risk factors that have been mentioned above. Given the larger physical size than a fetus, then the difficulty in childbirth can also lurk. Plus the risk of some disorders that can occur, for example:
- The process of childbirth through the vagina tends to take too long.
- Ripped the perineum area (the skin between the vagina and the anus).
- A baby’s shoulder caught on the line was born.
- The risk of the baby must be born by caesarean section increases.
- Suffering from jaundice.
- Low blood sugar levels, breathing difficulties, and birth defects may occur in infants born of mothers of people with diabetes
When you have a large fetus is diagnosed, the doctor will determine the handling by looking at a couple of considerations such as: age pregnancy, progresivitas diseases, health conditions in General, the opinions of mothers in terms of therapy and others.
As a precaution, you are advised to live a healthier lifestyle during her periods of pregnancy, such as eating a healthy diet, regular exercise, and regularly saw a gynecologist in clinic or hospital maternity
Problems Can Occur If The Fetus Is Too Large
Republished by Blog Post Promoter